Frequently Asked Questions
KDI is a collaborative platform aimed at helping to digitally transform and integrate the construction supply chain. It connects owners, engineers, contractors, offsite integrators, and suppliers to automate data exchange and collaboration. The technology extends and links existing design libraries, MCAD and BIM platforms, PLM, MRP/ERP, and logistics systems to provide a single end-to-end record set for supply chain data exchange and analytics, while eliminating redundant manual tasks.
- They are an excellent model, file server, and plan management system; our best deployments often start with a well-used BIM360/ACC environment.
- Increasingly construction supply chains are complex. Getting everyone on a common system is not practical. KatalystDI ensures that all project stakeholders instead focus on data exchange across multiple platforms in a single environment;,with a focus on enabling the linking of lead times, inventory, and production status with other source environments.
KatalystDI allows users to use the design and models in the delivery model of choice while connecting the data helps to map supply chains that are usually not aligned with traditional construction packaging. Integrating with BIM360 (or any legacy design file manager) helps to ensure that the right design information is mapped to the right supply chain partners.
- There are numerous data sets important to production that are not well managed in BIM360- ERP/MRP/MES/PLM/TMS/WMS; KatalystDI helps to integrate and cross-coordinate them.
- For large projects to execute successfully, this all needs to be contemplated. More often than not, it is generated over and over across multiple projects.
- In a traditional project, it's not unusual for these data sets to exist across more than 100 sources. KDI's position is that there is significant value in consolidating and aligning these in a single tool.
- That said, we are getting this question more and more often and looking at what improvements can be made. It is likely this gets added to our roadmap in the near term.
- Is this something that we could have you talk to our product team about in more depth so we can best understand the opportunity?
- In the future, notifications and alarms will be available to set to monitor for changes to data/information associated with each product.
You can access KDI from any computer system that has an internet connection and a web browser. KatalystDI works best on a desktop or laptop computer as our user interfaces are designed to be read at larger screen sizes.
Any tool that has an API connection or a way to export data can be integrated with KDI. KDI uses the power of Palantir Foundry to build connections between it and your key systems. This allows for open ingestion of all types of data and eliminates the need for error-prone manual data imports.
Our free Package Library organizes your design and non-design data to face the supply chain. KDI Package is free to get started, so that your organization can work to start implementing a modular or off-site construction strategy. Our free plan features self-service on-boarding where your staff can leverage guides, training, and other documentation from our knowledge base to quickly get started.
KatalystDI Project is a paid license that allows you to leverage work packages stored in the package library on projects. KatalystDI project features workflows to support package reuse from previous projects, incorporate feedback, and automate lead time and production status tracking. KatalystDI. This plan comes with standard on-boarding and includes a dedicated industry-experienced SME from our customer success team who will ensure deployment of the tool is a success.
KatalystDI Enterprise is our most powerful license level. Enterprise plans allow unlimited data storage, unlimited packages and projects, and features a white-globe on-boarding service including dedicated services hours. Enterprise is the perfect solution for owners with a large or global footprint, or general contractors who need dedicated consulting support to implement off-site or modular construction in their work processes.