A collaborative supply chain management tool for all construction stakeholders.
The future of construction is rapidly taking shape.
We live in a world where construction outcomes are rarely predictable, construction capacity cannot keep up with exponentially increasing demands. This requires a new way of building. An estimated 70% of projects miss on schedule and budget, creating trillions of dollars in impact.
of megaprojects around the globe are 40% or more behind schedule.
in rework was caused by poor project data and miscommunication in the U.S. alone in 2018.
How KatalystDI Works
Load or Link model(s), then upload your Bill of Materials
- Create a single, or multiple work packages for your project and upload your Bill of Materials.
- Structure your BOMs into Sub Assemblies, Fabrication drawings, parts, components, or other units to better understand supply chain and cost stack.
- Convert select packages to subpackages to facilitate data collection at those levels.
Map your Bill of Materials to Suppliers.
- Map out the items in your BOM to one or many suppliers.
- Add current lead times to visualize items that may cause project schedule delays.
- Manual data updates are included with our Free Plan. For paid plans our team can setup automated data collection from Collaborators who are associated Supplier Contacts.
Invite suppliers to collaborate
- Invite suppliers to collaborate on the platform for free.
- Find product substitution opportunities for disrupted supply chains.
- Request lead time updates on an automated or manual basis.
- Update your project when lead times change and identify issues in the project schedule as early as possible.
Integrate with your other tools
KatalystDI can integrate with any enterprise tool that has API access. Examples of platforms we have integrated with include: Primavera P6, SOLIDWORKS, Autodesk BIM360, Procore, and SmartPlant.
Automatically provide and request updates
Offer your customers an enhanced experience by using IB.AI to provide access and transparency to more valuable and timely data specific to their orders and programs. Provide real-time automated project updates to your customers and request them from suppliers. Our system eliminates the manual effort spent searching through project spreadsheets to ensure that everything is on schedule before hitting send.
Analyze Supply Chain performance and identify areas for improvement.
Manage information exchange with supply chain partners to ensure that design and planning decisions are made with defined supply chain data such as inventory and lead time and that the supply chain is informed with the proper Package revisioning and localization plans.
See how KatalystDI can simplify your construction program
READY TO GET STARTED?
Start using KatalystDI today for free
Our free Package Library organizes your design and non-design data to face the supply chain. KDI Package is free to get started so that your organization can work to start implementing a modular or off-site construction strategy. Our free plan features self-service on-boarding where your staff can leverage guides, training, and other documentation from our knowledge base to quickly get started.
KatalystDI Project is a paid license that allows you to leverage work packages stored in the package library on projects. KatalystDI project features workflows to support package reuse from previous projects, incorporate feedback, and automate lead time and production status tracking. KatalystDI. This plan comes with standard on-boarding and includes a dedicated industry experienced SME from our customer success team who will ensure deployment of the tool is a success.
KatalystDI Enterprise is our most powerful license level. Enterprise plans allow unlimited data storage, unlimited package and projects, and features a white-globe on-boarding service including dedicated services hours. Enterprise is the perfect solution for owners with a large or global footprint, or general contractors who need dedicated consulting support to implement off-site or modular construction in their work processes.
Implementing KatalystDI can be handled by your staff or ours depending on your license level. Regardless of whether you choose to build your own library or work with our customer success team, implementation follows the same 4 step process:
1. We start with your design data such as BIM, specifications, vendors, and project schedule.
2. Your projects or work packages are organized and structured into products ready for integration with your suppliers.
3. You invite your suppliers to collaborate on your new system in order to provide detailed supply chain information needed for each product.
4. KDI automates the flow of information between products and suppliers so your team can plan and execute your projects with a fully integrated supply chain.
The latest at Katalyst
Our blog provides detailed analysis and contextual data on industry-specific topics and niches, to educate and support all participants of the supply chain.